The day breaks

The day breaks

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Erma Bombeck

Does anyone remember the book, the grass is always greener over the septic tank?

It's been a while since last I thought about some of the more pernicious details associated with buying our house.

Over all the process wasn't all that bad and we love the house, where we live, where we work. However, and it's hopefully just a small case however, today is the day I take my first foot steps into home septic care.  The company that handled the septic inspection and we subsequently scheduled a pump out of our tanks with, has been putting us off for 3 weeks. Citing emergency's and bad weather putting them behind schedule.  Calls made were answered but not in a timely fashion, excuses ran from the kind of thing that could be called friendly banter to a long litany about just how busy they are. This has been going on for three weeks! We were initially told we'd be serviced the first week in May.

This past week was to have been the week I would have an answer as to when we would be scheduled for service.  I was told they (Sewer Sucking Service) would be free by Tuesday and I would hear from them by Wednesday.  By Monday I still had not heard from them so I called to get the "straight poop" right from the source.  I called and I did hear them say, once again, how very busy they were, I told them I had been in touch with several competitors who could schedule something, in one case, less than 24 hours.  The reply was "that is your right" which concluded our conversation with my saying thank you. No, really! I said thank you.

We were not present for the inspection, and we did not have a representative present either.  It's my guess due to the nature of my dealings with the company that they did not do an inspection, they may not have emptied one tank as they assured our broker they did (in February) and they have not submitted a bill. They can eat *&%# and die and I am off in search of my Muck boots and snow goggles with visions of flaming bags of crap on my door step, dancing in head.

Danny Glover ain't got nothing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment