The day breaks

The day breaks

Saturday, April 23, 2016

An Auspicious Start


I finally began working here in Colorado.  I'm conducting an after school science club at the Crested Butte Public School and I started this past Thursday, yep, the day Prince died.  As momentous as that was I will mark it clearly as a day in green  for Sir Gawain, as purple as the first crocus bloom.  We photographed and Id'd a butterfly, began tracking the life cycle of an Aspen, we talked about the eating habits of Magpies.  It was a good day, there was music, laughter, and a sense of accomplishment that adds up to past tense.



Tonight I’m Gonna Party

I wore a purple scarf
The day Clemens died

Remembered it was
Sandy Denny’s departure date
As well

Rode into Gunnison
With Swegen in the backseat

His head out the window
His hair blowing
The way I feel
                About death

The big horn sheep
On the side of the road
Indifferent and diffident
To everything
Save the task at hand
Look up as the pup
Says hello

To another round of
Purple rain


Let’s go crazy

2 comments: